The purpose of this post is to clarify, in simple words, some misconceptions that people have about the registration process of our plug-ins.
Fact 1: You need to register only once.
I was surprised to see that some people think that they have to register every time they activate a new plug-in from us.
That’s not true!
If you register for any ONE plug-in, you can use ALL the other plug-ins without going through the registration process again.
Once your username and email address is stored in our database, you don’t need to re-register.
Doesn’t that make things so easy. Register only once, use all. That’s our principle.
Let me further clarify my point by showing you an example.
Let’s say you’re a new user. Here is what you did:
- You downloaded, installed, and registered the ping optimizer plug-in.
- You sat back, relaxed, and watched the ping optimizer plug-in at work.
- You wanted some more plug-ins from MaxBlogPress.
- You downloaded the Favicon plug-in.
- You followed the installation instructions and reached the point where you click on the “option” tab and click on the “Favicons” tab there.
6. You fill in the name and email that you had used during the first time you registered. You hit the “register” button and this is the page you see next.
Were there any confirmation emails to check?
Were there any further links to click?
You get to use the favicon plug-in right away.
So let’s add a few more steps to our list and see what happens next.
- You complete the favicon plugin installation.
- You sit back and smile at the beauty of it.
- You love the plug-ins so much that you want to download ALL the MBP plug-ins at once.
- You start installing them one by one.
Any confirmation emails to check? No.
Any links to click on? No.
You need to register only once, to use any or all plug-ins.
Fact 2: You don’t have to register again to upgrade the plug-ins
It’s the same thing with upgrades for existing plug-ins. You don’t even have to see the registration page to upgrade our plug-ins. The plug-ins works right away after it is updated.
A note for those of you who are VERY early users of our plug-ins . By early I mean, at the time when we didn’t have a registration box inside our plug-ins and you had to register in another way. The method was not very user friendly. If you are such an early user and haven’t gone through the new registration process then you’ll see the registration form JUST ONCE only. After that you won’t see any registration form whenever you update any plugin.
Fact 3: If you have multiple blogs, you don’t need to register separately for each of them.
If you have 2 or more than 2 blogs, you can use the same email address for all of them. There is no need to go through the registration process for each of them separately. Just type the email address you used while registering your first blog and all other blogs will be automatically registered.
Fact 4: If you unsubscribe from the MaxBlogPress newsletter, your existing plug-ins will still work.
Although the registration process is directly tied with the MaxBlogPress newsletter subscription, you don't have to stay subscribed to it to make your plug-in work. After registration, if you don't like the content of the MaxBlogPress newsletter, then you are free to unsubscribe anytime you wish by following the link at the bottom of your email.
The MaxBlogPress plug-ins you were using will still work fine without any problem.
However, if you unsubscribe from the MaxBlogPress newsletter, here is what you will miss:
- Announcements of new plugins we develop.
- Announcements of updates on existing plug-ins.
- Tips for helping you attract more traffic and more income for your blog.
- Recommendations on blog related software and e-books that help you attract more traffic and more income for your blog. Rest assured that we only recommend quality products which actually help you.
Fact 5: If you unsubscribe from the MaxBlogPress newsletter AND want to install further plug-ins, you need to go through the email registration procedure again.
If you unsubscribe from the MaxBlogPress newsletter, then your existing plug-ins will work without any problem.
But you need to register again if you want to install any new plug-in we develop.
The reason is that once you unsubscribe from our newsletter, your name and email address will be deleted from our database. So if you want to install more of our plug-ins you will have to register again.