Can you create a successful WordPress Website without Outsourcing?

Hi my name is Mitz from WordPress Website Builder. I build websites for a living and love sharing what I know about websites.

If you plan to create a successful WordPress website, believe me it does not happen overnight. Even if you have some fantastic luck and have thousands of people visit your website, there is no avoiding the hard work involved.

Many gurus on the Internet promote get rich quick schemes and say that everything is very easy to do. I agree that it is easy to do but I do not agree that it can be quick. The best way to create a business online is to make a successful WordPress website, a solid business that will be there for years to come.

Now the next question is, can you create a successful WordPress website without outsourcing? I guess many new WordPress website builders are asking themselves that exact question. How far can you go without outsourcing work to other people?

In this article I can only tell you how long I survived before I had to outsource work for my WordPress website.

What is outsourcing?

Outsourcing, in the Internet world, is when you get other people to do work that you would usually do yourself. It does not have to mean that you employee people permanently or even part-time, as you can do it on a job by job basis. For example if I wanted 10 articles written, I could post a job on a website such as the Elance.com, and get someone to complete that job only. There would be no obligation for me to employ that person further.

This in itself is a new skill that has to be learned if you want to outsource projects to help you build your WordPress website. You need to know how to give people clear instructions, get the best work out of them, and end up with the result that you desire.

wordpress website outsourcing

Why don’t people start outsourcing work as soon as they start building a WordPress website?

1.       They do not have enough money to spend on outsourcing.

2.       They do not have the skills to deal with people.

3.       They do not know how or where to start.

4.       They think that other people will not do the work as good as they would.

What are the advantages to outsourcing work in the early stages of your WordPress website?

• Your WordPress website business will grow faster and you will earn money earlier.
  • It will free up your time to do other jobs.
  • You can outsource jobs that you are not good at which will relieve stress.
  • You might actually learn something off an experienced worker.

Can you create a successful WordPress website without outsourcing?

I’m not sure if this is correct for everyone however, I have created three or four successful WordPress websites without having to outsource any work. The only problem is, that it took me approximately 2 years to actually become successful. I worked for those two years without any money, as I built WordPress websites, and learned as much as I could at the same time. To tell the truth, it was the learning that took up most of the time. The actual WordPress website building did not take much time at all.

Let me explain a few details. To get a WordPress website up and running is very easy now days and can be done within a day. It’s the maintaining, the fresh content, and the promotion, that takes up most of the time. But these jobs nowhere near took up as much time as learning how to do it in the first place. This is why I did not need to outsource work as I needed to learn how to do it first. I could not employ someone to do something when I did not know what to get them to do.

The other point that I must make is that I did not invest any money into making my businesses. I built my WordPress websites the free way, with a lot of hard work, and a lot of free information.

How did I create a successful WordPress website business without outsourcing?

I did not do it entirely by myself, however there were no other humans involved. I used tools such as WordPress themes, WordPress plug-ins, programs, and so on. For example I bought Subscribers Magnet to increase my optin rates and it worked. I wrote a post about the results I got after installing this plug-in. See what results I got from using subscribers magnet. You can see how many subscribers I got in one day from using this plug-in.

I also used other search engine optimization plug-ins to help me do my work. Thanks to all these tools, I could run my business on my own.

When is the right time for you to outsource work for your WordPress website?

I waited approximately 3 years until I decided to get some help by outsourcing some work. There is a simple reason for this. After my websites became successful, I could relax a bit more because I had put in the hard yards and built a solid foundation for my business. The more successful my websites became, the less work I needed to do. This was the perfect time for me to outsource as I now could think clearly and focus on what I wanted.

Everything seems so much easier when you have some success and experience behind you.

If you study what all the gurus say on the Internet, you get the idea that it is almost impossible to create a successful WordPress website without outsourcing. I disagree and have proved that you can do it on your own to a certain extent. Therefore if you’re not ready to outsource work then do not panic and feel that you have to. You can still create a successful WordPress website without outsourcing a single minute of work, it just depends on far you want to go.

Get notifications about new blogger stories and insider tips on how to make more money from your blog as well as how to bring thousands of new visitors to your blog for FREE.

Powered by Subscribers Magnet

Tags: , ,

TweetThis Digg Stumble Reddit Sphinn Facebook Del.icio.us

17 Responses to “Can you create a successful WordPress Website without Outsourcing?”

1. Linda 26. Mar, 2011 at 8:13 am #

Interesting insights and I agree with them… too often people are misled into believing they can have overnight success thanks to all of the “guru hype”! Everything worth doing is worth doing right and you also need to do what’s right for YOU. Hard work will pay off eventually, unfortunately too many people give up before they’ve accomplished anything. Having the right mindset when starting will help you in your journey. Plus you need to plan and learn. Outsourcing is not mandatory and not right for everyone, those decisions must be made according to your own needs and plans. Excellent insights.

Thanx =}

• Mitz 26. Mar, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

Thanks for your comment Linda
      I just had to write this post because everywhere you go people are saying that you need to outsource! Of course they say a lot of things just to get your money.

People are very vulnerable when they have not seen success and someone offers it to them, the easy way. I agree that all the hard work would definitely pay off in the end.

It’s funny that you mention the plan aspect as I neglected this and have only started doing it now. It really makes a big difference when you have a plan in front of you to follow!

2. Angela Hausman 26. Mar, 2011 at 8:38 am #

I’m relatively new to blogging — I started my first blog about a year ago, but I had someone set up the blog for me. My existing blog – Hausman Marketing Letter — discusses social media at the intersection of marketing. Over time, as I got more plugged into my community, I found many people had the same problem — how to create a blog. So, I started reading blogging books, websites, etc to give them guidance. I learned a lot along the way. One thing I learned is how hard it is to learn blogging from books.

So, I recently created a blog (by myself this time) where I journal the day to day actions and decisions related to creating a profitable blog — http://www.LetsBlogForMoney.org. We’re only a week into the experiment, but I think visitors are seeing some value in following along as I create a new blog. I’ve tried to be as transparent as possible so visitors feel like they’re getting the experience themselves. I also provide suggestions of homework to do, then share my answers to the homework questions on the website.

I would love to get feedback on this experiment. I would also love to have others help by giving their expertise and sharing their experiences with visitors to the site. Please help me make this a valuable experience.

• Mitz 26. Mar, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

WOW it sounds like a great thing you are doing their! At least you went out and studied about what you want to do. Many people just jump in and pretend that they know everything. This is going to be what makes your website special!

One suggestion I do have about your new blog is that you delete the “Hello World” first post.

Another is that you should probably make your posts a bit longer.

You are definitely onto something there! Just make sure you don’t give up!

3. Destroy Rock And Roll 26. Mar, 2011 at 9:11 am #

I believe in a successful blog but what do you consider a successful blog really? I get about 400 visitors a day to my blog at http://www.DestroyRockAndRoll.com – would you consider this successful? Do you consider the way I have set up my blog to be a successful way of setting it up? Is it too busy? Is it ok? I often wonder since I host free music at my blog are the visitors only there to receive the free music? Why don’t I receive comments often? What do I have to do to receive comments? I don’t know but makes me wonder!

• Mitz 26. Mar, 2011 at 4:41 pm #

Hello destroy rock ‘n’ roll

I think your blog is great and it is set out nicely. 400 visitors a day is pretty good and you are on your way to becoming a successful blog.

Now that you have those 400 visitors a day you can research your stats and see why they are coming there. You might find that they are really only coming there for a few of your articles. This means that you should write more about what they are coming to see.

The way I gauge a successful blog is if it is living up to your goals. For example if your goal is to create a community of people talking about music then when you have done this you will be successful. If you created the blog to make money, and you do, then this is your success.

4. The Curvy Goddess 26. Mar, 2011 at 9:46 am #

If I knew that where I am now would take me two years I would have quit. I’m so glad I didn’t know because I have learned so much from going through the process on my own.

I’m still not comfortable outsourcing yet but there will come a time when I want to expand my business I will just have to bit the bullet, give up some degree of control, have faith and begin to outsource.

• Mitz 26. Mar, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

it is a very hard step to get someone to do a job that you have been doing.

I am going to tell you right now, that I have wasted a lot of money on outsourcing. The problem is that people delivered crap to me and I wasted my money. So in actual fact I didn’t outsource because I had nothing to use from them.

There are also a lot of scammers out there who say they can do something and they can’t. This happens all the time and after a while you get really Stict on who you hire.

I would have tried about 30 people in writing articles and I have only ended up with two that are fantastic! The rest were all scammers or people that said they could do something when they couldn’t.

I even hired a full-time guy from another country who tried to pretend that he was working when in actual fact he wasn’t.

• The Curvy Goddess 27. Mar, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

That is the very reason why I’ve been resistant in outsourcing. I know that what I’ve created is all me and from my very spirit. The voice of The Curvy Goddess is from me. How could I outsource that?

5. Chineme Noke 26. Mar, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

Interesting post.

I purchased the Multiple Streams Theme for my WordPress blog which I managed to put together myself. However, after I adapted it with various widgets, I can no longer alter some aspects that I wish to alter: http://internetmarketingviews.com

I may have to pay someone who knows what they’re doing to do this for me.

• Mitz 26. Mar, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

I think your theme looks great and that maybe you should concentrate more on your content. It is obvious that you have copied and pasted these articles in there as the text and formatting is all different. Should start by tidying these articles are up and then riding some of your own.

You can play with your theme later.

• Mitz 27. Mar, 2011 at 3:32 am #

instead of riding I meant writing..LOL

6. Como Aumentar Masa Muscular 26. Mar, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

thanks a lot for sharing this buddy!! Really appreciate it :D

7. Tuixy 27. Mar, 2011 at 8:38 pm #

I think blog can hard to become successful if only write by one.

8. d3so 28. Mar, 2011 at 2:35 am #

I think I need to outsource some of my work. I got so busy with my day job I rarely have time to write quality articles.

9. Warriormind 01. Apr, 2011 at 11:23 am #

It is all about the journey of planning, building and marketing our business. If done correctly , our business thrive, if not 50% of the online business fail as a matter of fact.

Everyone of us has to play the part on juggling these three factors:)

10. Gareth 04. Apr, 2011 at 5:35 am #

I have only been going for a short while, but I can see that outsourcing will be helpful in the future.

Comment posting is closed for this blog post

Warning: Unknown: write failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0