Here are step-by-step instructions how you can use the Stripe Ads plugin.
Step 1: Upload and Activate
Using your FTP program, upload the folder to your blog’s plugins folder, which should be yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins
When you’ve uploaded the entire folder contents, log into WordPress and to the Plugins page. There you will see the link to activate the Stripe Ads plugin – click on it to activate.
Step 2: Creating and Displaying Ads
Once you have activated the plugin, go to the Options > MBP Stripe Ads page and you’ll be able to set-up your ads.
Just create a new ad by filling in the following fields:
- Title: Give you new ad a catchy title
- Link: The actual URL the title will be linked to
- Weight: Is this ad more important than other ads? If it is add a weight to it so it will display more than other ads
You can go on creating as many text ads as you want
The above two steps are all you need. The steps below are completely optional and you can use them when you need more control over this plugin
Step 3: Tweaking The Basic Settings
- Float on top of the page: If you check this option, the Stripe Ad will display as a floating object on your blog and it will always be visible on top while scrolling.
- Hide close button: Do not allow you readers to close the ads by removing the close button
- Disable MaxBlogPress Stripe Ad: Completely disable all ads on your blog, as a temporary measure while you update or remove ads
Step 4: Editing the Advanced Options
Using the Advance Options panel, you can further customize your Stripe Ad to match the color scheme of your blog, or even to make it scream out just a little bit more.
Hint: To make sure your ads get the most amount of clicks, choose a blue text color and underline the entire ad. This will make it look like a link to click on!
You can also customize the frequency your Stripe Ads are shown on your blog. What you do here really depends whether you want to use Stripe Ad as a marketing tool or just an announcement tool. If you have only one ad, you can set it to appear less frequently on your blog. If you have many ads rotating, you can choose to have it display all the time.
That’s how easy it is to use MaxBlogPress’s Stripe Ad plugin for WordPress. Have fun experimenting with it!
Special thanks to Gobala Krishnan of “EasyWordpress.com – WordPress Blog Tutorial and Blogging Tips” for writing this page.